Condo vs. Single Family Home
Your finances and needs are the major determinants regarding the kind of home you choose. Major differences between a condo and a single family home are illustrated here:
- Condos are generally cheaper than single family homes.
- Typically you are only responsible for maintaining what's inside the unit.
- The Association may offer amenities such as a tennis court, swimming pool, clubhouse, and a gym.
- Includes less home maintenance.
Single Family Homes
- Usually more expensive than condos.
- Modifications are easier than Condos - like adding a bedroom, changing the flooring, repainting the walls etc.
- You don't have to worry about sharing a common wall with your neighbors.
- If a backyard is a "must have" for you, you get a larger one with a single family home.
- You don't have to share common amenities with your neighbors, like a swimming pool or a gym.
- You are responsible for your own home maintenance.